Easy to scale up or serve as dishes in your restaurant.
- ½ large onion, finely diced
- 150g new potatoes
- 180g mature cheddar, grated
- Salt & pepper
- 1 tbsp flour to dust
- 1 x block of shop-bought shortcrust pastry
- 4 tbsp Branston Original Pickle (1 tbsp per pasty)
- 1 egg, whisked, to glaze
- Preheat the oven to 200c fan.
- Peel and dice the potatoes and steam them over simmering water for 10 minutes, until starting to soften.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the steamed potato, diced onion, grated cheddar, salt and pepper.
- Lightly dust a surface with flour and divide the pastry block into quarters. Shape each quarter into a ball then flatten each ball into a disc, roughly ½ cm thick.
- Spoon Branston’s Original Pickle across the surface of each pastry disc, leaving an inch of bare pastry around the edge. Spoon over the filling and brush the bare edge with egg wash. Fold your pastry over the filling so that you have a half-moon shape. Crimp the edges and glaze your pasties with egg wash.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, until golden.