Easy to scale up or serve as dishes in your restaurant.
- 12 tsp Branston Dorset Ale & Apple Chutney
- 2 sheets of ready rolled shortcrust pastry
- 360g British ham hock
- 180g mature cheddar, grated
- 1 egg, whisked
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
- On a floured surface, lay out both sheets of pastry and cut out 12 large circles and 12 smaller circles. You will need to use up all of the off-cuts to get 24 circles. Line a muffin tray with the larger pastry circles and spoon in 1 tsp of Branston’s Apple Chutney.
- Add 1 tbsp of ham hock, followed by 1 tbsp of mature cheddar and a second tbsp of ham hock, to top. Press the fillings down into the pies to ensure that they are tightly packed.
- Top the pies with the smaller pastry circles and crimp around the edge using your thumb and forefingers to seal the pies. Brush with egg wash and use a sharp knife to pierce the top of each pie.
- Bake in the oven for 20 mins until golden.