Easy to scale up or serve as dishes in your restaurant.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ an onion, finely diced
- 1 clove of garlic, finely diced
- 6 sprigs of sage, finely chopped
- 800g chestnut mushrooms, finely diced
- 50g roasted walnuts, finely chopped
- 50g roasted hazelnuts, finely chopped
- 50g roasted cashew nuts, finely chopped
- 200g vegan cheese, grated
- 1 roll of shop-bought puff pastry
- 3-4 tbsp Branston’s Small Chunk Pickle
- Vegan butter to glaze
- Preheat the oven to 200c.
- Soften the onion, garlic, sage and mushrooms in a large pan for 10-15 minutes, then turn off the heat and stir in the roasted nuts and grated vegan cheese.
- Cut a sheet of puff pastry in half, widthways; spread Branston’s Small Chunk Pickle down the centre of each half and top with the mushroom mixture.
- Fold each sheet of pastry over the filling and crimp around the edges with a fork to seal. Gently score each roll and brush with vegan butter.
- Place your vegan sausage rolls on a lined baking tray and bake in the oven for 25 minutes until golden and puffed out.