Equipment: none / Microwavable: No / Freezer friendly: Yes
- 4 large potatoes, mashed
- 80g flour
- 1 egg
- 180g grated low fat cheese
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 1 bunch chives, sliced
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- Small pinch of salt
- 8 tsp Branston Small Chunk Pickle
- 1 tbsp low fat oil to fry
- Mixed leaf salad, sliced radishes and fresh tomatoes to serve (optional)
- Combine the mashed potato with 60g flour, 1 egg, 100g grated low fat cheese, spring onions, chives and black pepper.
- Roll into 6 even balls, gently flatten and fill each with 1 tsp Branston Small Chunk Pickle and 10g of low fat cheese. Seal the potato cakes and lightly turn in the remaining flour, patting any excess off.
- Fry in a lightly oiled pan over a medium-high heat for 6 minutes each side, then serve with a mixed leaf salad and more chives and spring onion to garnish.
- The potato cakes are best enjoyed straight out of the oven but if making ahead, cover and store in the fridge for up to 3 days and reheat in the oven at 200c / 180c fan for 12 minutes.