Our Picklebread men are oven-baked cheesy biscuits, shaped in the classic gingerbread men shape, with chunks of Branston Original Pickle and a Smooth Pickle glaze. These moreish treats are the perfect addition to jazz up the Christmas dinner table or can be served in place of the traditional cheeseboard to top off a long day of indulgence.
- 460g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 280g unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 340g grated cheddar
- 5 tbsp Branston Original Pickle
- 3 tsp Branston Smooth Pickle to glaze
- Line your baking tray with baking or greaseproof paper.
- Combine all the ingredients until they just come together to form a dough, make sure not to over-mix.
- Rest in the fridge for a minimum of 1 hour.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and when soft enough to roll, roll out to 3mm thickness.
- Cut using a gingerbread man cutter and lay onto the baking tray.
- Indent eyes, noses and buttons onto the men.
- Rest in the fridge again on the baking tray for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until fully baked and lightly golden brown.
- Mix Branston Smooth Pickle with a beaten egg yolk and brush all over the hot Picklebread Men, you can apply two or more coats of the pickle glaze for extra pickle flavour.
- Cool and serve.