- 2 x sheets of pre-rolled puff pastry
- 4-6 tbsp Branston Smooth Pickle
- 200g grated cheddar cheese
- 1 egg, whisked
- Preheat the oven to 190c.
- On a large, parchment-lined baking tray, lay out your first sheet of puff pastry and top with Branston Smooth Pickle. Sprinkle with grated cheddar and lay the second sheet of puff pastry over the top.
- Using a large knife, cut a christmas tree shape out of the pastry and slice horizontal lines, roughly 1 inch apart, up each side of the tree. Ensure to leave about 2 inches uncut in the centre of the tree, where the trunk is.
- Cut stars out of the off cuts to avoid waste, placing one at the top of the tree and the rest on the tray, surrounding.
- Take each branch and twist it however many times you can, you will get more twists from the branches at the bottom of the tree.
- Glaze the entire tree with egg wash and bake in the oven for 20 minutes until golden, puffed out and molten in the middle.