- 6 crumpets
- 80g salted butter, melted, plus extra to grease
- 6 tbsp Branston Small Chunk Pickle
- 200 grams mature cheddar, grated
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
- Brush the crumpets with melted butter and top each with 1 tbsp Branston Small Chunk Pickle and a small handful of grated cheddar. Tower the crumpets on top of one another and carefully fit them into the loaf tin, sideways.
- Brush the remaining butter over the top of the crumpets and top with the rest of the cheddar, filling in any gaps.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, until golden and bubbling. Serve the crumpets with extra Branston Pickle on the side.
Equipment you'll need: 1lb loaf tin (size tbc), greaseproof paper to line tin, pastry brush