Equipment: muffin tray / Microwavable: No / Freezer friendly: No
- 4 large red skinned potatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of pepper
- 24 rashers of pancetta or streaky bacon
- 6 tbsp Branston Smooth Pickle
- 6 tbsp grated Cheddar chees
- Preheat the oven to 190c / 170c fan.
- Finely slice the potatoes using a sharp knife or mandolin and lay the slices across a parchment lined baking tray. Brush with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the oven for 5 minutes to soften.
- Lay 4 rashers of pancetta overlapping on a board, 2 lengthways and 2 widthways.
- Spread the pancetta with ½ tbsp Branston Smooth Pickle.
- Arrange the potato slices, overlapping, down the long edge of the pancetta and top with grated cheese.
- Now fold the pancetta over the potato slices and roll into a neat rose.
- Place the roses in a muffin tin and bake for 12-15 minutes.
The roses are best enjoyed straight out of the oven but if making the day before, store in an air-tight container and reheat in the oven at 190c / 170c fan for 10 minutes. They will keep for 3 days in the fridge.